By Vishal Layka
Web frameworks are enjoying an important position within the construction of modern day such a lot compelling net purposes, simply because they automate a few of the tedious projects, permitting builders to in its place concentrate on delivering clients with inventive and robust gains. Java builders were quite lucky during this quarter, having been capable of benefit from Grails, an open resource framework that supercharges productiveness while construction Java–driven sites. Grails is predicated on Groovy, that is a really renowned and transforming into dynamic scripting language for Java builders and used to be encouraged via Python, Ruby, and Smalltalk.
Beginning Groovy, Grails and Griffon is the 1st introductory ebook at the Groovy language and its basic net framework, Grails. Griffon is usually lined. whereas Grails is the net framework for construction Groovy net functions, Griffon is the deskop framework for construction machine Groovy applications. may Groovy be the recent Java? it truly is gentle, quick and unfastened (open source).
This booklet will get you began with Groovy, Grails and Griffon, and culminates within the instance and attainable program of a few real–world initiatives. You stick with in addition to the improvement of every venture, imposing and working each one program whereas studying new positive factors alongside the best way.
What you’ll learn
Who this booklet is for
Java and internet builders trying to research and embody the facility and adaptability provided through the extra agile, light-weight Groovy scripting language and its Grails and Griffon frameworks.
By Tiffany B. Brown, Kerry Butters, Sandeep Panda
This brief publication presents a realistic advent to HTML5. HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is the important language of web content. initially constructed on the way to describe and percentage medical papers, HTML is now used to mark up all types of records and create visible interfaces for browser-based software.
With HTML5, notwithstanding, HTML has develop into as a lot an of API for constructing browser-based software program because it is a markup language. during this e-book, we'll speak about the historical past of HTML and HTML5 and discover its new features.
HTML5 fundamentals Multimedia Canvas and SVG HTML5 functions HTML5 APIs
HTML5 is needed wisdom for each expert internet clothier and developer. This e-book will quick get you in control with the basics of HTML5 and provides you the boldness to begin experimenting in your own.
By Smashing Magazine
Responsive layout is not just a brand new process — it's a completely new approach. This book, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), presents an outline on responsive website design, displaying many occasions and strategies during which this strategy may be utilized to. Smartphones, drugs, laptops and computer desktops may perhaps proportion an identical layout, that is tailored based on reveal dimension, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout method, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish perfect responsiveness. decide on the ideal method of a responsive venture and stay away from a few universal errors — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it truly is and the way to exploit It
- innovative And Responsive Navigation
- thoughts For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- tips on how to Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive internet Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive net Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: one hundred sixty pages
Released: may possibly 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
By Anthony T. Holdener III
Truly progressive: you can now write geolocation purposes without delay within the browser, instead of improve local apps for specific units. This concise ebook demonstrates the W3C Geolocation API in motion, with code and examples that will help you construct HTML5 apps utilizing the "write as soon as, install everywhere" version. alongside the best way, you get a crash direction in geolocation, browser aid, and how one can combine the API with universal geo instruments like Google Maps.
* find out how geo details is accrued from assorted resources, looking on the machine
* observe how coordinate platforms paintings, together with geodetic structures and datums
* keep geo info with databases, the Keyhole Markup Language, or the shapefile layout
* Be acquainted with numerous sensible makes use of for geo info, akin to geomarketing, geosocial, geotagging, and geo-applications
This starting consultant experiences HTML and likewise introduces you to utilizing XHTML for the constitution of an internet web page and cascading type sheets (CSS) for controlling how a record should still look on an online web page. You?ll how you can benefit from the most recent beneficial properties of browsers whereas with the intention that your pages nonetheless paintings in older, yet well known, browsers. by means of incorporating usability and accessibility, you?ll be ready to write professional-looking and well-coded websites that use the most recent applied sciences.
By Ethan Cerami
As a developer new to internet providers, how do you are making experience of this rising framework so that you can commence writing your personal companies this day? This concise booklet supplies programmers either a concrete creation and a convenient connection with XML net prone, first by means of explaining the principles of this new breed of dispensed prone, after which by way of demonstrating fast how one can create prone with open-source Java tools.Web providers make sure that different functions to find one another and trade info seamlessly through the web. for example, courses written in Java and operating on Solaris can locate and speak to code written in C# that run on home windows XP, or courses written in Perl that run on Linux, with none hindrance in regards to the info of the way that provider is applied. a standard set of internet providers is on the middle of Microsoft's new .NET method, solar Microsystems's sunlight One Platform, and the W3C's XML Protocol task Group.In this ebook, writer Ethan Cerami explores 4 key rising technologies:
- XML distant strategy Calls (XML-RPC)
- SOAP - the basis for many advertisement internet prone development
- Universal Discovery, Description and Integration (UDDI)
- Web prone Description Language (WSDL)
For each one of those subject matters, Web providers necessities provides a brief assessment, Java tutorials with pattern code, samples of the XML files underlying the carrier, and causes of freely-available Java APIs. Cerami additionally features a consultant to the present nation of internet prone, tips to open-source instruments and a complete thesaurus of terms.If you must holiday in the course of the internet prone hype and locate beneficial details on those evolving applied sciences, glance no extra than Web prone necessities.
By Eric A. Meyer
As an internet dressmaker, you most likely spend extra time operating with textual content than the other aspect. With this concise consultant, you’ll examine CSS3 houses for altering the looks of textual content with out changing the font face—including horizontal and vertical alignment, textual content transformation, observe and letter spacing, textual content wrapping, and the path of textual content flow.
This booklet is an excerpt from the impending fourth variation of CSS: The Definitive advisor. for those who buy both the print or the publication variation of CSS textual content, you’ll obtain a chit at the complete Definitive consultant as soon as it’s published. Why wait, in case you can commence manipulating textual content in your pages correct away?
• Use houses for indenting and aligning traces of textual content
• keep an eye on the prime among traces of textual content past the font’s dimension
• swap the volume of area among phrases and person characters
• upload underlines, overlines, strike-throughs, shadows, and different results
• show browsers to prioritize pace, legibility, or geometric precision while rendering textual content
• learn the way and whilst to suppress automated hyphenation
• ascertain the course that textual content flows, together with left-to-right and top-to-bottom
- This is the most recent ebook out there that can assist you benefit from the recent gains extra to Django 1.8
- This publication contains recipes of various complexities that will help you create multilingual, responsive, and scalable web pages with Django
- This up-to-date version teaches you significant Django features and should assist you enhance your abilities by means of constructing versions, kinds, perspectives, and templates
Django is an internet framework that used to be designed to strike a stability among quick internet improvement and excessive functionality. It has the means to deal with functions with excessive degrees of consumer site visitors and interplay, and will combine with giant databases at the backend, always amassing and processing info in genuine time.
By the top of this ebook, you might have a very good figuring out of the recent positive aspects further to Django 1.8 and be a professional at net improvement processes.
What you are going to learn
- Get all started with the elemental configuration essential to commence any Django project
- Build a database constitution out of reusable version mixins
- Manage kinds and perspectives and get to understand a few worthwhile styles which are used to create them
- Create convenient template filters and tags so you might reuse in each project
- Integrate your individual performance into the Django CMS
- Manage hierarchical buildings with MPTT
- Import facts from neighborhood assets and exterior internet prone in addition to exporting your info to 3rd parties
- Implement a multilingual seek with Haystack
- Test and installation your venture efficiently
About the Author
Aidas Bendoraitis has been professionally operating with net applied sciences for over a decade. over the last 9 years at a Berlin-based corporation, studio 38 natural conversation GmbH, he has constructed a few small-scale and large-scale Django projects―mostly within the cultural area―together with an inventive group. in the interim, he's additionally operating as a software program architect at a London-based cellular startup, Hype.
Aidas usually attends meetups of Django person team Berlin, sometimes visits Django and Python meetings, and writes a blog approximately Django: http://djangotricks.blogspot.com/.
Table of Contents
- Getting all started with Django 1.8
- Database Structure
- Forms and Views
- Custom Template Filters and Tags
- Model Administration
- Django CMS
- Hierarchical Structures
- Data Import and Export
- Bells and Whistles
- Testing and Deployment
By Jesse Cravens, Jeff Burtoft
With ninety distinct hacks, specialist internet builders Jesse Cravens and Jeff Burtoft show exciting makes use of of HTML5-related applied sciences. each one recipe offers a transparent rationalization, screenshots, and entire code examples for necessities that come with Canvas, SVG, CSS3, multimedia, info garage, internet staff, WebSockets, and geolocation.
You’ll additionally locate hacks for HTML5 markup components and attributes that might provide you with an outstanding beginning for inventive recipes that keep on with. The final bankruptcy walks you thru every little thing you must be aware of to get your HTML5 app off the floor, from Node.js to deploying your server to the cloud.
Here are only the various hacks you’ll locate during this book:
- Make iOS-style card flips with CSS transforms and transitions
- Replace the historical past of your video with the Canvas tag
- Use Canvas to create high-res Retina Display-ready media
- Make parts in your web page user-customizable with editable content
- Cache media assets in the neighborhood with the filesystem API
- Reverse-geocode the positioning of your net app user
- Process photograph facts with pixel manipulation in a devoted internet worker
- Push notifications to the browser with Server-Sent Events